At the Cooke Insurance Group, we value our customers and take your privacy seriously. You can rest assured that we will protect and respect your personal information. After all, our business is built on your trust.
Our commitment to you is to adhere to industry best practices in handling and protecting your personal information.
Protecting your privacy is extremely important to us at the Cooke Insurance Group.
Personal Information Collected
Personal information is information that relates specifically to you as a customer. We may require the following information depending on the service or product you want or the benefit you’re receiving.
- name, address, telephone and fax numbers, along with e-mail address
- age, gender, marital and family status
- identification numbers
- insurance claims history
- driver records
- education and employment history
- financial or property information
- physical or mental-health information, including prior health and treatment history
Protecting Your Privacy
We will protect your personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. To provide further protection, we will:
- obtain appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information
- retain personal information only as long as necessary
- not collect, use or disclose your personal information for anything other than the identified purposes, except where required by law
- strive to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information
- respond to any request from you to access or correct your personal information
Using Your Personal Information
The Cooke Insurance Group may need to collect your personal information to
- verify your identity
- confirm your application information and understand and assess your insurance needs
- underwrite insurance risks on a prudent basis
- provide the benefits to which you’re entitled
- establish and maintain a relationship with you and respond to your inquiries
- detect, investigate and prevent fraud
- comply with request from law enforcement agencies
- compile statistics for research or product and program development
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
- notify you of other products and services to meet your needs
To meet the above criteria, we may need to obtain or share your information, but will do so only when a legitimate business purpose exists.
Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We may obtain your consent:
- in-writing, such as a signed application or consent form:
- in-person or over the telephone
- through your authorized representative
Some legal exceptions exist. Please be assured that the Cooke Insurance Group will follow best practices and will collect, use or share your information only as required to do so for legitimate business purposes or for legal reasons.
It’s Your Information
It’s your right to refuse permission to obtain, use or disclose your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you chose to exercise these rights, we will continue to make every effort to provide you with quality products and services.
To ensure that information we have is accurate , please notify us when there are changes to your personal information.
If you want to:
- access your personal information or have your information corrected
- change your consent with respect to how we collect, use of disclose your personal information
- file a complaint about our privacy policies or the manner in which we’ve handled your personal information
- inquire about any other privacy questions or concern
Chief Privacy Officer
Cooke Insurance Group
125 Pownal St.
Charlottetown, P.E.I. C1A 3W4
Phone: 1-800 566 5666 ex 4830
Email: [email protected]
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of an inquiry or complaint handled by Cooke Insurance Group’s Chief Privacy Officer, you may address your concerns to:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent St.
Place de Ville
Tower B – Third Floor
Ottawa, Ont. K1A 1H3
Cooke Insurance Group consists of Charlie Cooke Insurance, Cooke Capital, Atlantic Adjusting & Appraisals Ltd., and Maritime Finance & Acceptance.